This plant (Trascescandia ...) is consumed as a beverage here on Tabasco.
If you find some wild "Matali" cut about 100 grams of it(carefully, because for some persons is poisonous, not lethal, but can be itchy), wash it and put about half an ounce of lemon juice and 1 liter of water in a cup with the Matali, put it to fire and leave it there as long as it takes to get boiling it for about 5 minutes.
Cool it and use 1 part of it for 3 parts of water. Add some sugar too.
When I was a kid, the plant was toxic for me, I couldn't touch it, for I used to get some kind of allergic rash, but after boiling, I used to drink lots of Matali and I was completely fine. Is a very healthy drink!